Tradition meets tech in Cole Haan’s newest line of men’s footwear. Quirky yet refined, the “Reflective” line offers gentlemen a wink-and-nod interpretation of closet staples like wingtips and penny loafers. The collection, available exclusively at Cole Haan’s SoHo boutique, debuts just in time for the winter events season. Synthetic reflective leather uppers (a film of small glass beads covers the surface of the shoes) add a festive touch to signatures that have nevertheless retained their heritage markers: the “Jayhawker” features hand-stained leather, a hand-painted heel, and a Trafton-inspired toe medallion; the “Air Monroe” loafer is hand-sewn and leather-lined. And it ain’t called “Air” for nothing—concealed Nike Air technology enhances both styles’ cushioning and support. Hasta la dance floor, baby.
Jayhawker and Air Monroe priced at $298 and $248, respectively. Available November 17 exclusively at Cole Haan SoHo, 128 Prince Street.
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True