Nine Girls’ Best Friends
Published November 27, 2009
How do you top the glamour and sheer spectacle of Fellini’s classic 8 ½? Well, if you’re moving on to Nine, you’ll need six Oscar-winning actors—and some additional carats. In collaboration with costume designer Colleen Atwood, Swiss jewelry company Chopard, lent a hand. 8 ½ is about a man confronting his past and present lovers and a whole lot of early 60s glitter. In the Rob Marshall-directed update, Kate Hudson stars as a crafty Vogue editor with jewels to spare—memorably a ring topped with a golden pearl ensnared by diamonds. In 97 carats (split between a pair of chandelier earrings and a cuff) Nicole Kidman’s appears like a shimmering siren for Daniel Day-Lewis’ harried director, Guido Cantini. As the scorned wife, Marion Cotillard is armored with a 24 carat bracelet of heart-shaped diamonds and a choker with 20 carats of emerald-cut diamonds. Their hearts might break, but their diamonds won’t.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work