Best Actress: Glenn Close
Photography Gilles Larrain
Published February 9, 2012
The 2012 Oscars are fast upon us! Among the Best Actress hopefuls is Glenn Close, nominated for her role in Albert Nobbs. This is by no means Close’s first nomination; when we first profiled Glenn in July of 1984, she’d already been nominated (and sadly overlooked) twice for The Big Chill (1983) and The World According to Garp (1982). Since then she has received nods (but no wins) for The Natural (1985), Dangerous Liasons (1989) and Fatal Attraction (1988). Evidently the ’80s were a busy decade for Ms. Close!
Click here to read Close’s full profile.
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories