Move over, Marilyn Monroe. Everyone knows that Greek opera singer Maria Callas was Jackie O.’s real rival—albeit for her second husband, Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis. This week The Hollywood Reporter announced that Niki Caro, writer of Whale Rider (2002), is in the process of scripting a Maria Callas biopic, currently titled Callas. The film will be based on Too Proud, Too Fragile, Alfonso Signorini’s biography of the late soprano. Rumour has it that Eva Green is up for the part of Callas, but we think she’d be much better as Callas’ scheming pianist, Vasso Devetzi…
For more Casting Calls click here.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation