In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
In 2013, Idris Elba impressed audiences with his portrayal of South African president and anti-Apartheid revolutionary Nelson Mandela in the biopic Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. Directed by Justin Chadwick and distributed by The Weinstein Company, Elba’s film chronicled Mandela’s childhood and education, as well as his 27-year long imprisonment. Now, Maven Pictures has another Mandela biopic in the works based on the bestselling memoir Good Morning, Mr. Mandela by Zelda la Grange, a white Afrikaner who was Mandela’s personal assistant for two decades. This film would focus on the time from Mandela’s release from prison until his death in 2013, and specifically on his close personal relationship with la Grange. No actors have been announced as attached yet, but here are our casting picks.
Casting Call runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress