“We wanted to make something that felt like a hazy summer night,” explains L.A.-based electro-pop duo Carousel of their brand-new single “My New Friend,” which we’re pleased to debut here. “Something to get us ready for these next few months.” We couldn’t have said it better ourselves: set against warm, inviting synths, “My New Friend” is a twinkling ode to the kind of easy, unexpected connection that tends to find its footing post-Memorial Day, amidst a backdrop of rooftop parties and summer Fridays.
Carousel is comprised of Kevin Friedman and Jackson Phillips, who met as students at the prestigious Berklee College of Music. “My New Friend” was written as soon as the duo made it home from their last tour, supporting Cherub; Friedman and Phillips will be back on the road, and releasing more music, soon.
FOR MORE ON CAROUSEL, PLEASE VISIT THE BAND’S WEBSITE.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Thirstory: That Time Madonna Was Almost Arrested for Simulating Masturbation