In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Anton Corbijn is returning to biopics. Earlier this week, the photographer and filmmaker signed on to direct Life, a film that explores relationship between LIFE Magazine photographer Dennis Stock and his most famous subject—James Dean. The two met just before Dean’s star turn in East of Eden and Stock followed Dean around the country, capturing images that would quickly become iconic.
Corbijn, who directed the excellent Control, a biopic about Joy Division lead singer Ian Curtis, has yet to cast the leads. Never fear, Anton; we’re here to offer suggestions of actors to fill the starring roles.
Casting Call runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”