In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Earlier this year, the success of E.L. James’ erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey caused havoc in the film industry. Everyone—from Warner Bros. to Sony Pictures, Paramount, Universal, and Mark Wahlberg—wanted the rights to Twilight for adults. Finally, in March, Universal Pictures and Focus Features won the rights and signed on producers of The Social Network and Captain Phillips, Mike De Luca and Dana Brunetti, to produce the film (they were picked by E. L. James herself).
Now for a new battle—who will play Christian Grey, the controlling, damaged, and handsome businessman who leads an unexpected life of erotic fulfillment (some good ol’ bondage, discipline, dominance, submission, sadism and masochism). The casting of Mr. Grey has caused a lot of noise, and we couldn’t be more excited about sharing who we see fit the vastly intense and fastidious part. Click through the slideshow above to see our pick for the ideal Christian Grey, Anastasia “Ana” Steele, and co.
For more Casting Calls, click here.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock