Fresh off the awards circuit for The Disaster Artist and the latest season of Broad City, Dave Franco and Abbi Jacobson, respectively, are back on screens. Instead of laughs, however, you can expect a sucker punch full of feels from their newest project.
The duo star as siblings in the upcoming movie 6 Balloons, a harrowing portrait of a family breaking down in the wake of Franco’s character’s relapse with heroin. The actor apparently lost 20 pounds for the role. This first peek at the film oozes with anxiety, as we see Jacobson try to hold it all together while things go to shit.
The story is based on the experiences that producer Samantha Housman (Captain Fantastic) had with her own brother a few years ago. Channing Tatum serves as co-producer.
6 BALLONS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX ON APRIL 6, 2018. WATCH THE TRAILER BELOW.
- Call Him Deacon: The Rising Producer Makes a Bid for Music Stardom
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds