Marchesa celebrated its tenth anniversary by fêting one of its central house codes—romance. Designers Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman presented a procession of gowns, dresses, and evening separates fit for a troupe of meadow-frolicking heroines in a collection that riffed on a central motif of flora and fauna. Floral embroidery, chiffon ruffles, and frothy, whisper-thin tulle were fashioned into fishtail gowns, tiered baby doll silhouettes, and off-the-shoulder peasant dresses. Fairy tale princess met Woodstock, and the upcoming winter’s red carpets are better for it.
For more from London Fashion Week S/S 2015, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Ask a Sane Person: Jack Halberstam Isn’t Here to Comfort You