People like categorizing clothes as “downtown” or “uptown,” which can be stressful for those of us who travel between the two fairly often. This look from Helmut Lang’s resort presentation breaks down that geographic binary and looks good while doing it. The boxy tailoring on those front-pleat trousers is a stylish compromise between two undesirable extremes: LES harem pants and UES dress slacks. Same goes for the jacket: structured clean, oversized cool. But fitting in wherever you go is no fun either-that brilliantly textured midnight-blue leather will be a standout all over town. We’re going to need first dibs.
This First Dibs look was chosen by Interview fashion assistant Charlotte Fetridge.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy