In the battle between leather and warm weather, we took sides a long time ago. But we are amenable to a truce—with Riccardo Tisci as our moderator. We’ve been coveting this look from Givenchy’s recent resort presentation, with long, wide-open slits up the sleeves and a loose, rounded fit. We’re not sure what to call the coat—biker poncho, perhaps? We just know that this model managed to stand tall on a New York City street in the summer while wearing it. Granted, that doesn’t mean she was comfortable, but it does look less oppressive than the form-fitting shapes that leather often takes. And when winter comes? Zip the sleeves right up! The boxy cut of the torso will still be in style.
Throw in the pattern on those shoes, the texture on that skirt, and the laser-sharp tailoring on that shirt, and no one will dare question the weather-appropriateness of our outfit. First dibs all around.
This First Dibs look was chosen by Interview fashion assistant Charlotte Fetridge.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece