Photography Iona Wolff
Published February 26, 2015
Fashion Month continues with London Fashion Week, and Interview‘s seasoned gang of photographers are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Ashish Gupta appears to have generated his Fall/Winter 2015 collection using four ingredients: sequins, fur, camouflage, and kinky boots. Without any attempt to divorce these materials from there usual associations, the collection was shamelessly promiscuous. In case any of the burlesque energy was lost on the audience, the collection’s second look made sure to spell it out: the word “sex” was sprawled across a faux-fur leopard sweater. Next, a model paraded down the catwalk in nothing but red sequin lingerie, thigh-high patent leather boots, and an oversized army-green jacket. Backstage, Gupta explained that his ensembles intended to empower women—each one a stance against the objectifying male gaze.
For more from LFW Fall 2015, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy