Before he became the King of Pop Art, our founder, Andy Warhol, was a master of the fashion illustration. He began his career in 1948 as a draftsman of the day’s hottest accessories, and throughout his life continued to contribute his frenetic illustrations of shoes, perfumes, purses, jewelry, and much more to the reigning style magazines. In honor of Interview‘s 45th anniversary, we asked four artists to make their own fashion illustration as an ode to Andy. Petra Collins, Karen Kilimnik, Keith Mayerson, and Rob Pruitt produced Warholian reinventions all their own.
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- Thirstory: Diana Ross Is the Boss
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”