Interview’s Talent Show: Jesse Boykins III
Published December 9, 2014
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Ask a Sane Person: Jack Halberstam Isn’t Here to Comfort You
Earlier this year, Jesse Boykins III released Love Apparatus, his second solo album. Although over five years had passed since his 2008 debut, The Beauty Created, Boykins had hardly been slacking: in the intervening years, the Chicago-born, Jamaica and Miami-raised, and Brooklyn-based soul musician released both an EP and a collaboration with DJ, producer, and photographer Melo-X, Zulu Guru. He also did a bit of modeling for the good folks at Bergdorf Goodman. Here, Boykins shows off his Patois accent for our Talent Show.