IMAGE COURTESY OF REBECCA PIERCE
With a flower behind her ear and a white fur wrap around her shoulders, Paloma Faith, America’s latest Brit-pop import, sashays on stage and lets her belted lyrics do the introducing in this exclusive video premiere.
“Picking Up the Pieces” is the first single from Faith’s sophomore album, Fall to Grace, which is set to debut in the US in November. Though new to America, Paloma Faith is a household name in her native England, where she can boast a platinum debut record; a role opposite Tom Waits in The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus (2009); and Fall to Grace‘s recent premiere at number 2 on the UK charts.
Faith’s performance of “Picking up the Pieces” at New York’s Le Baron (recorded as one of the venue’s Encore! Sessions sponsored by Absolut) displays the singer’s magnetic stage presence and impressive, chart-topping vocals. With rolling piano and her characteristically dramatic voice, Faith’s live set is as intimate and energetic as her debut single.
While she may look a little like Lana del Rey channeling Veronica Lake, Paloma Faith is a chanteuse in her own right; and until Fall to Grace is released stateside, we’re looking forward to picking up more pieces from this captivating singer.
FOR MORE ON PALOMA FAITH, VISIT HER WEBSITE.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse