ABOVE: TEI SHI. PHOTO COURTESY OF FAITH SILVA
Raised in Vancouver and Bogotá, and based in Brooklyn, Tei Shi is an artist with a silky voice and ethereal music to match. Her sound, what she likes to call her “mermaid music,” is—intentionally—somewhat hard to categorize, and probably best described as a fusion of indie pop, electronica, and airy ’90s R&B. Entirely on-trend, yet still enticing and distinguished.
Earlier this year, Tei Shi released her debut EP, Saudade, which included “Nevermind the End.” Today, we’re excited to premiere the Saint Pepsi of the song. Given the minimalist production, it’s her honeyed voice that is the real star of the show as she coos and caresses her way through lyrics like “Take me away from here/Somewhere we can just disappear/I’ll be your morning light/If you wanna be my ride tonight.” The airy and soulful element never grows stale, though; her flexibility and range allow her to slide between registers with a strength offset by the dreamy, future-pop instrumentation. Suffice it to say that by the end of the track, you’ll be completely mesmerized by the addictively soothing sound. You’re welcome in advance.
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories