A meeting of Cheap Trick, Scooby Doo, and the That Thing You Do soundtrack, Hello Echo’s latest single “Coffee Cups,” the title track from the band’s forthcoming EP, is high-energy listening with a nod to the jangly guitar and sunny disposition of ’60s pop. However, the single, which we’re pleased to debut here, isn’t all sweetness and light. Singer Sean Aylward’s vocals and lyrics pour a little whiskey into what is otherwise a high-sucrose mix. “Coffee cups and Adderall / Now calm me down with alcohol,” he repeatedly demands over the cheerful guitar.
Balance is, after all, key to Hello Echo’s sound. Comprised of three Bostonians—Aylward, Mike Silva (drums, vocals), and Mike Sarno (bass)—Hello Echo is equal parts East Coast freneticism and West Coast chill; vintage sound and modern mixing; uppers and downers. This month, the band will embark on a West Coast tour to promote their newest EP, Coffee Cups.
FOR TOUR DATES AND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HELLO ECHO, VISIT THE BAND’S WEBSITE.
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories