Director Terry Gilliam’s adaptation of Miguel de Cervantes’s Don Quixote has become one of Hollywood’s longest-running jokes. His attempts to make the film with Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis in 1998 were thwarted, forcing Gilliam to abandon the project. It merely yielded six minutes of footage and a whole lotta pain. Then he tried making it with Ewan McGregor attached to star, then Jack O’Connell—you get the picture.
Over 20 years later, and we have our first international trailer for a film no one thought would ever see the light of day. The Man Who Killed Don Quixote follows a deluded Alonso Quixano (Jonathan Pryce) who mistakens an ad exec named Toby (Adam Driver) for his squire Sancho Panza. Toby slowly warms to the delusions of Quixote, however, and the unlikely pair embark on an adventure of epic proportions.
The film doesn’t yet have a release date but will be distributed by Amazon Studios. Watch the international trailer below.
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories