In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Scored by Tchaikovsky and first produced in St. Petersburg in 1892, The Nutcracker ballet has become as much a Christmas tradition as mistletoe and wreaths. Told in two acts, the story revolves around a young girl named Clara who receives a wooden nutcracker doll on Christmas Eve. When Clara sneaks downstairs to check on her new present at midnight, she becomes involved in a magical battle between good and evil involving ginger bread men, a prince, a nefarious mouse king, and the Sugar Plum Fairy.
Recently, it was announced that Disney would adapt the classic ballet of The Nutcracker into a live-action film titled The Nutcracker and the Four Realms. Lasse Hallström (What’s Eating Gilbert Grape) is set to direct the film, and while the lead roles have yet to be cast, we have a few suggestions.
Casting Call runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nikita Dragun Does Her Own Slaying
- Matilda De Angelis on Her First Onscreen Kiss—with Nicole Kidman
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds