In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Last month, Deadline revealed that a Harriet Tubman biopic is in the works via Macro/New Balloon. There has never been a full-length feature film about the fearless American hero and, with her forthcoming residency on the $20 bill, it’s only fitting that her story be revisited.
Born in 1913 in Dorchester County, Maryland, Harriet Tubman was a fierce abolitionist, woman’s suffragist, civil war spy, and, most notably, the first conductor of the Underground Railroad. Recreating her life will be an enormous undertaking, but with Homeland director Seith Mann at the helm and Tony-award winning actress Cynthia Erivo playing the title role, at least we’re in good hands. With no other casting decisions made yet, we’d like to offer some suggestions for the remaining roles.
Casting Call runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Kimberly Drew and Jenna Wortham Talk to Janicza Bravo About Black Futures
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup