The famine of beauty is officially over. We’ve finally got a trailer for the forthcoming documentary on André Leon Talley, one of fashion’s best-known and well-respected figures. The Gospel According to André, directed by Kate Novack, will chronicle Talley’s life and career as a fashion editor. The man best known for his time serving as Vogue’s editor-at-large actually got his start at Interview magazine when Andy Warhol tapped him to be a contributing editor. Talley has also worked at Women’s Wear Daily, W, and the New York Times, where he advocated for more African American models to appear both on the glossy pages of publications and on the runways during fashion week.
The trailer teases interviews with major industry players such as Anna Wintour, Marc Jacobs and Whoopi Goldberg sharing anecdotes and praise for the fearless fashion editor, along with footage of his towering figure at the biggest events in New York City, including the Met Gala, where he is seen greeting guests such as Rihanna and Sean Combs (Diddy). Archival footage is sprinkled throughout as well, to truly illustrate Talley’s journey from fashion lover to tastemaker.
Watch the trailer below.
THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ANDRÉ WILL BE RELEASED IN SELECT THEATERS ON APRIL 27, 2018.
- Thirstory: Lil’ Kim’s Louis Vuitton-Stamped Legacy
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis Reunite for This New Episode of Black Mirror We’re All In
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Alison Brie and Dave Franco Can Still Surprise Each Other