For her Spring/Summer 18 unisex collection, which debuted at the Seymour Leisure Center in Central London city last Monday, Vivienne Westwood combined her trademark punk style with circus aesthetics and a continued pledge to sustainability. As well as the designer’s staple plaids, shoulder-padded blazers, and ripped T-shirts, the collection featured harlequin-like suits and printed bodysuits. Models in Joker-inspired make-up, with white face paint and red lips, strutted alongside acrobatic dancers, who frolicked and pantomimed on the runway. The dynamic movement played as a testament to the comfortable quality and durability of the garments—something Westwood takes to heart as she wages a fight against climate change by promoting smart consumerism.
The exclusive backstage video above features more frenetic energy from the show. Westwood’s models weave their bodies between clothing racks and in empty stairways to the beat of carnival-inspired rock music.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris