Glen Luchford has become Rag & Bone’s go-to photographer, and it’s not difficult to see why. To-date, the British photographer has captured Léa Seydoux and Michael Pitt for the brand’s F/W 2013 campaign, and Stacy Martin and Emile Hirsch for S/S 2014. Now, Luchford is tackling accessories.
Drawing inspiration from the motel setting of the label’s S/S 14 RTW campaign, Luchford showcases booties, sandals, slingbacks, and saddle bags against a ruby-red carpet and kitschy floral comforter. “The location seemed steeped in atmosphere, so we used that in the accessories,” he explains. While S/S was shot in black and white, Luchford’s accessory images are vivid with color.
Asked why he’s worked so closely with Rag & Bone this year, Luchford replied, “I like the attitude of the brand, their feeling seems perfect for the moment.”
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Shayne Oliver Tells Kanye West that He Won’t Be Rushed into Creating the Future of Streetwear