Ski freaks and fashionistas take note: Berlin-based eyewear company, Mykita, and French-Italian alpine brand Moncler’s limited-edition eyewear collection goes on sale today. Just in time for the winter holidays! It’s sort of a perfect pairing between two companies that value functionality and fashion; Moncler began producing mountainwear that quickly found its way into Barneys; and Mykita, whose glasses gained worldwide fame when they appeared on Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City 2, developed a new frame material, MYLON, just last year. According to the Creative Director of Moncler, Remo Ruffini, “The idea was to do a very special project… It took more than one year to find the perfect balance between innovation and technology.” The glasses are made from Mykita’s trademarked polymid-based MYLON and have mineral glass lenses. There are two styles, “Lino” and “Achille” (named after Lino Lacedelli and Achille Compagnoni, the first two men to climb K2, the world’s second highest mountain, and wear Moncler jackets), each available in blue, red, and black at both Mykita and Moncler’s boutiques.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Helmut Newton’s Escape Room
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy