Pennies from heaven have met their match in this punchy, day-glo Comme des Garçons coin pouch, part of the 2011 Christmas collection. Rei Kawakubo combines metallic foil and leather in highlighter tones to achieve a sly visual effect in this kitsch-glam purselet, a bicycle-reflector-cum-clutch that exemplifies CDG’s brand of zany elegance. The coin holder is ever the surprise, reflecting different colors in different light, but lest you be afraid, there are still some things to depend on: soft leather lining, a mustard zipper border, and a dainty zip-pull deepen and stabilize the aesthetic, and the pocket is large enough to accomodate all the usual suspects: cards, coins, and notes. Priced at $150 at ok-ni and participating Comme des Garçons stockists worldwide.
This Most Wanted item was selected by Interview market assistant Alexa Lanza.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work