Most Wanted: Christopher Kane Envelope Lava Clutches
Published August 22, 2011
This week, we’re daring to be different by placing a spotlight on Christopher Kane’s unique “lava” ready-to-wear and accessories. The designer’s Autumn/Winter 2011 collection is filled with nostalgia-inspired items; we’re especially fond of these clutches, which recall the groovy liquid pencil cases of our youth. Kane has said that he doesn’t want the brightly colored, gel-filled pouches “to be seen as a novelty,” and indeed, the bags come off as elegantly playful rather than kitschy. They’d give any outfit a kick of retro, back-to-school flair. $720 at Net-a-porter.com.
This “Most Wanted” object is selected by Interview Fashion Assistant Stephanie Strauss.
- The Perfect Halloween Costume for Your Sign, According to Benny Drama
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- The Boulet Brothers Spill Their Guts on Everything Scary, from Fake Blood to Jeffrey Toobin
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Why Mia Wallace’s outfit made Pulp Fiction’s dance scene so iconic