Most Wanted: Christopher Kane Envelope Lava Clutches
Published August 22, 2011
This week, we’re daring to be different by placing a spotlight on Christopher Kane’s unique “lava” ready-to-wear and accessories. The designer’s Autumn/Winter 2011 collection is filled with nostalgia-inspired items; we’re especially fond of these clutches, which recall the groovy liquid pencil cases of our youth. Kane has said that he doesn’t want the brightly colored, gel-filled pouches “to be seen as a novelty,” and indeed, the bags come off as elegantly playful rather than kitschy. They’d give any outfit a kick of retro, back-to-school flair. $720 at Net-a-porter.com.
This “Most Wanted” object is selected by Interview Fashion Assistant Stephanie Strauss.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up