Most Wanted: Kris Van Assche x Eastpak
Published September 6, 2011
Though we’re long past the days of protractors and three-hole-punches, this week, a collaboration between Kris Van Assche and Eastpak has us feeling giddy as schoolchildren. The Belgian designer—who’s following in the footsteps of Raf Simons and Rick Owens—favors a serious attention to detail, both here and in his other incarnations as creative director of Dior Homme and head of his own line, KRISVANASSCHE. Van Assche’s backpacks for Eastpak combine leather, parachute cloth and rough cotton, fusing his design aesthetic with the backpack company’s sensible, sporty edge. Black, gray and tan round out the colors available. With this collection, Van Assche creates the ultimate urban backpack for today’s modern man: simple, luxurious and cool. £40—£180 at Eastpak.com.
This “Most Wanted” object is selected by Interview Market Assistant Alexa Lanza.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Helmut Newton’s Escape Room
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit