Most Wanted: Kris Van Assche x Eastpak
Published September 6, 2011
Though we’re long past the days of protractors and three-hole-punches, this week, a collaboration between Kris Van Assche and Eastpak has us feeling giddy as schoolchildren. The Belgian designer—who’s following in the footsteps of Raf Simons and Rick Owens—favors a serious attention to detail, both here and in his other incarnations as creative director of Dior Homme and head of his own line, KRISVANASSCHE. Van Assche’s backpacks for Eastpak combine leather, parachute cloth and rough cotton, fusing his design aesthetic with the backpack company’s sensible, sporty edge. Black, gray and tan round out the colors available. With this collection, Van Assche creates the ultimate urban backpack for today’s modern man: simple, luxurious and cool. £40—£180 at Eastpak.com.
This “Most Wanted” object is selected by Interview Market Assistant Alexa Lanza.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road