Prada’s Spring/Summer ’16 show was something of an ode to the power suit, and this was particularly evident in Look 16, with its coordinated skirt and jacket and conservative pointy-toed shoes. But the look also took conventional signifiers of luxury—animal hide, fishnets, a gold shimmer, a subtle disco vibe—and recombined them in totally unconventional places. Netting appeared wrapped around the model’s neck and shoulders; disco balls hung from her ears like space-age baubles; the bulky blazer came in a vivid suede. Most importantly, the show’s makeup artist Pat McGrath selected a frosty, metallic gold lip color that instantly turns its wearer inaccessible yet utterly desirable. It might win us over more than the already standout wardrobe.
THIS FIRST DIBS LOOK WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW MARKET EDITOR GABRIELLE PRESCOD.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Miles Aldridge Shares the Memories Behind Some of His Iconic Photos