There was a nomadic edge to Michael Kors F/W 2014 collection, with each model sporting a swept-up hairdo. The color palette —filled with thick greys, sandy washes of caramel, and pops of mirage-like blue—was inspired by infertile, dust-bowl landscapes. Look 27 is a particularly good example of the collection’s strengths: comfortable, enveloping, and a little romantic, with the tassled end of the scarf blending into the pleats of the skirt.
THIS FIRST DIBS ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSISTANT MARKET EDITOR STEPHANIE STRAUSS.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality