Always frantic, fickle, and full of creativity, John Galliano reimagined glamour for Maison Margiela’s Fall 2017 Couture collection. Thinking about what constitutes style, Galliano deconstructed garments, à la Kandinsky sketches, to create a unique version of modern chic. The collection consisted mainly of various interpretations of the trench coat, a garment that, for Galliano, symbolizes a combination of effortlessness, safety, and strength. Fashioned as a dress in diaphanous fabrics in one look, and a bold, outdoor sculpture-like piece in another, an old staple took on a new meaning.
We’re calling first dibs on Look 5 from the collection: a chiffon trench coat dress worn over a knitted bustier and gold cowboy boots, and paired a futuristic silver head piece. This is what we call glamour-on-the-go!
First Dibs runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris