With Raf Simons’s departure from Jil Sander imminent, we call first dibs on his last ever Jil Sander collection starting with this men’s waxed cotton bag. Simons’s take on the household paper-bag, it’s discrete, simple, and yet strangely novel. Somehow, Simons transforms the mundane into the mysterious: what is this Sander model carrying in his neatly rolled clutch? His lunch? A small bottle of liquor? A payoff? Drugs? His car keys? We especially like the pairing of the leather gloves with the bag—an added a layer of intrigue. While we are sad to see Simons’ go, to paraphrase a friend, “When god closes a Jil Sander door he opens an Yves Saint Laurent window.”
This first dibs item was chosen by Interview market assistant Alexa Lanza.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy