How many black dresses is too many black dresses? Whatever the number, we’re quite sure we haven’t gotten there yet. Take the above Givenchy dress from Riccardo Tisci’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Not quite like anything we own, the details make the dress: There is an elegance to the ruffles—both at the neck and pinned to the chest with discreet gold clasps—and an edge to the gold metal collar and the gold-point heels. It is commanding, but not overwhelming; feminine, but not girly; and modern without looking like something a cartoon alien would wear. In short, the perfect addition to our ever-expanding wardrobe. We’re calling first dibs.
This First Dibs look was chosen by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories