Giambattista Valli favored sleek lines and impeccable tailoring for his Fall 2013 collections. Sporty coats and sneakers collided effortlessly with elegant eveningwear. Perhaps most impressive, however, was his use of texture, with his fur-lined collars, embellished dresses, and glazed, lacquered, and sequin fabrics. Our favorite ensemble has to be the above Look 13. A draped black silk skirt layered underneath a distressed knit, and paired with slicked back hair and see through peep-toe booties, this ensemble embodies subtle, day-to-night glamour. A black alligator handbag with gold hardware rounds out the monochromatic look.
This First Dibs was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected