This look is a bit of a puzzle: a brocade one-piece swimsuit, a roomy cable-knit peacoat, and a pair of strappy leather heels—the only thing that ties it all together is that it’s black, black, black. But as the opening act for resort presentations in New York this summer, Bottega Veneta fully understood the paradox of a cruise collection; when it retails this winter, it’s got to work in sunny vacation destinations and still make sense back home in colder climates.
We can think of a million occasions to sport this look: boarding somewhere chilly, landing somewhere balmy; returning from the pool to your air-conditioned hotel room; taking cover from a seaside breeze. We might not think to pack it all without some serious foresight—that’s why we’re calling first dibs—but it’ll give off a fashionably thrown-together impression, and that beats a tan any day.
This First Dibs item was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality