This look is a bit of a puzzle: a brocade one-piece swimsuit, a roomy cable-knit peacoat, and a pair of strappy leather heels—the only thing that ties it all together is that it’s black, black, black. But as the opening act for resort presentations in New York this summer, Bottega Veneta fully understood the paradox of a cruise collection; when it retails this winter, it’s got to work in sunny vacation destinations and still make sense back home in colder climates.
We can think of a million occasions to sport this look: boarding somewhere chilly, landing somewhere balmy; returning from the pool to your air-conditioned hotel room; taking cover from a seaside breeze. We might not think to pack it all without some serious foresight—that’s why we’re calling first dibs—but it’ll give off a fashionably thrown-together impression, and that beats a tan any day.
This First Dibs item was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun