Fashion Week Makeup Inspiration
Published September 13, 2011
It’s official. New York Spring/Summer 2012 Fashion Week is over halfway done. We’ve been inundated with fashion, models, and parties and—thankfully—pleasant spring-like weather. But this post is about the faces—the makeup inspiration from the talented artists who create the looks we love and will be duplicating come next spring. From the wearable (a bold lip at Luca Luca) to the unwearable (orange shadow and sweaty skin at Cynthia Rowley), runway makeup is provocative, inspiring and trendsetting. Click the slideshow above for the inspiration behind some of our favorite shows. Viva Spring! And check back later for a hair inspiration roundup.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat