Fashion Week Makeup Inspiration
Published September 13, 2011
It’s official. New York Spring/Summer 2012 Fashion Week is over halfway done. We’ve been inundated with fashion, models, and parties and—thankfully—pleasant spring-like weather. But this post is about the faces—the makeup inspiration from the talented artists who create the looks we love and will be duplicating come next spring. From the wearable (a bold lip at Luca Luca) to the unwearable (orange shadow and sweaty skin at Cynthia Rowley), runway makeup is provocative, inspiring and trendsetting. Click the slideshow above for the inspiration behind some of our favorite shows. Viva Spring! And check back later for a hair inspiration roundup.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road