Last night’s Emmy Awards were tame compared to other award shows (MTV Musive Video Awards, we’re looking at you). The outfits were generally uncontroversial and up to par, as was the hair and makeup. No crazy beehives or multicolored eye ids. It was a night for beauty staples: smoky eyes, red lips and beautifully kept blow outs. Click on the slideshow above for a rundown on the ladies who wore these trends the best (and a few that could’ve used additional help researching the classics).
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun