Don Juan & Other Stories
Published March 31, 2015
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nikita Dragun Does Her Own Slaying
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
ABOVE: CAMILLE ROWE ON THE SET OF DON JUAN & OTHER STORIES
In collaboration with French writer-director Zoé Le Ber, H&M’s sister brand & Other Stories presents Don Juan & Other Stories, a short film inspired by the legendary Spanish libertine Don Juan that breaks the gender stereotypes associated with the womanizer’s legend. We follow French actress and model Camille Rowe to her audition for the leading role of Don Juan, but on the way, she experiments with her character on the streets of Paris.
“We wanted to depict a young woman in a way that reverses the cliché portrayal that we so often come across,” Le Ber explains, “This collaboration allowed us to dive into and embrace the role of Don Juan, exploring the power and seductiveness of this character.
Throughout Don Juan & Other Stories, which you can exclusively stream below, Rowe sports items from & Other Stories’ Spring/Summer collection, including a white lace dress, a patterned blue dress, and a sheer black dress. The short is the second fictional film by the brand, following 2014’s Rendez-vous & Other Stories, directed by Wendy McColm and starring French actress Jeanne Damas.
FOR MORE ON & OTHER STORIES, VISIT THEIR WEBSITE.