Fashion month continues with London Fashion Week, and Interview photographers Louise Damgaard, Vita Hewison, and Alice Lubbock are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow Louise, Vita, and Alice on Interview’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, for the latest updates.
The Masters showing from London’s Central Saint Martins has long acted as a showcase for emerging fashion talent—John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Phoebe Philo, Christopher Kane, Mary Katrantzou, and Simone Rocha have all gone through the program—and if there ever was a certain way to divine the future of fashion, CSM’s show works as a sartorial crystal ball. This group of graduates showed a return back to craft, focusing on manipulating textiles into patchworked, beaded, woven, embroidered, and fringed garments. Standouts included Fiona Bakeman, who inserted deconstructed nude mesh-like laser-cut leather patches into a flowing, draped black jersey gown, and Anita Hirlekar, whose structural designs were topped with painterly, embroidered swaths of colored wool.
For more of our coverage from London Fashion Week, click here.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris