Australian model Catherine McNeil began modeling at age 14, and since being discovered by Mario Testino 10 years ago, has been a print publication staple. She’s graced the pages of Interview, Vogue, British Vogue, and Vogue Paris. She treats her body like a canvas (she has 100-plus tattoos), and says she’s a work-in-progress. When asked the existential question of who she is, she says, “I’m still figuring that one out.”
THE PERSON I ADMIRE THE MOST:
AN EVENT I WISH I’D WITNESSED:
Seeing System of a Down in concert.
MY IDEA OF HAPPINESS:
Finding good people in life that bring out the best in you.
GAMES I PLAY:
Football (go Chelsea), cards, and life. [laughs]
MY GREAT MASTERPIECE:
My whole career. I feel so blessed to be able to work in this industry for so many years.
THINGS I’D LIKE TO IMPROVE ABOUT MYSELF:
My balance, patience, and spelling.
MY GREATEST ADVENTURE:
My life to date.
THINGS I’LL BE REMEMBERED BY:
I hope good things but let’s wait ‘til I die.
WHO I’D LIKE TO BE:
My dog … He has it easy.
QUESTIONS I CAN’T ANSWER:
For more from our “Beyond Here Lies Nothing” series, click here.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat