Olivier Theyskens makes it look so easy. In a new behind-the-scenes video, Theyskens’ Theory illuminates the inner workings of the designer’s New York studio leading up to their Spring 2013 runway show. Set to the creeping beat of Mykki Blanco‘s “Wavvy,” all the backstage fittings, alterations, and run-throughs take on a certain rhythmic beauty—it also doesn’t hurt, of course, that the clothes are beautiful, too. The season’s creamy tweeds, crochet, and pearly embellishments all get a close-up here, as does Theyskens’ furrowed faced as he contemplates them on his models (Julia Nobis in particular gets some quality screen time). Naturally, there are some last-minute staples and a high-heeled fumble in rehearsal. All in all, though, the process looks about as clean as the collection itself.
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun