Olivier Theyskens makes it look so easy. In a new behind-the-scenes video, Theyskens’ Theory illuminates the inner workings of the designer’s New York studio leading up to their Spring 2013 runway show. Set to the creeping beat of Mykki Blanco‘s “Wavvy,” all the backstage fittings, alterations, and run-throughs take on a certain rhythmic beauty—it also doesn’t hurt, of course, that the clothes are beautiful, too. The season’s creamy tweeds, crochet, and pearly embellishments all get a close-up here, as does Theyskens’ furrowed faced as he contemplates them on his models (Julia Nobis in particular gets some quality screen time). Naturally, there are some last-minute staples and a high-heeled fumble in rehearsal. All in all, though, the process looks about as clean as the collection itself.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old