Photography David Burton
Published December 2, 2009
Fashion’s original ringmaster always challenges the boundaries of what a runway show can be. Each season he reignites the imaginations of the industry’s most jaded. Original, breathtaking, often unnerving . . . this is fashion as performance art. A genius showman, he tears the audience out of the comfort zone of Its weary fashion preconceptions. He closed the spring/summer 2010 season with robots flying above a bewildering kaleidoscope of otherworldly sea creatures emerging from a backstage ocean. We went to take a dip as the magic came to life . . .
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse