Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Awards season kicked off with the Palm Springs International Film Festival. Our favorite moment involved David Oyelowo, Brad Pitt, and an altered version of “Olé, Olé, Olé.” [Vulture]
• Ludacris the rapper is back. He released a new mixtape titled LudaVerses and will release a new album, Ludaversal, in March. [Soundcloud]
• Judd Apatow once wrote a spec script for The Simpsons. Twenty-five years later, it is finally getting produced. [TVGuide]
• The Hobbit won the box office for the third consecutive week. [BOM]
• Mike Leigh threw some shade at Quentin Tarantino. [Indiewire]
• Michael Jackson’s eldest son is hanging out with Justin Bieber. No good can come of this. [P6]
• Good news: America’s future psychiatrists are learning about their field by watching sitcoms from the 1990s (well, just Seinfeld, but still). [Time]