IT MAY HAVE BEEN THE OSCARS, BUT EVERYONE WAS TALKING GOLDEN GLOBES.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• The Oscars were last night! The Artist won Best Picture, Actor, and Director. Meryl Streep won Actress, and the supporting awards went to Christopher Plummer and Octavia Spencer. [Oscar]
• Everyone is talking about whether Jennifer Lopez had a wardrobe malfunction last night in her awfully low-cut dress. Her stylist insists this was not the case! [MTV]
• Actress Sean Young (Blade Runner) was placed under citizens’ arrest and ejected from the Governors Ball after allegedly trying to enter without a ticket. [People]
• Act of Valor won the weekend box office, opening at $24.7M, and may very well win the Oscar for Best Propaganda Film next year. Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds came in second with $16M, and Journey 2, Safe House, and The Vow finished out the top five. [BOM]
• Azealia Banks’ debut album will be called Broke with Expensive Taste, and it’ll be out in September. [Pitchfork]
• Stefano Pilati is officially out as Creative Director of YSL. [Fashionista]
• Check out this new Mad Men ad, which features Don Draper reflected in a window between two mannequins, one of which is a naked lady mannequin! Less than a month until season five! [Vulture/NYM]
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True