IT MAY HAVE BEEN THE OSCARS, BUT EVERYONE WAS TALKING GOLDEN GLOBES.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• The Oscars were last night! The Artist won Best Picture, Actor, and Director. Meryl Streep won Actress, and the supporting awards went to Christopher Plummer and Octavia Spencer. [Oscar]
• Everyone is talking about whether Jennifer Lopez had a wardrobe malfunction last night in her awfully low-cut dress. Her stylist insists this was not the case! [MTV]
• Actress Sean Young (Blade Runner) was placed under citizens’ arrest and ejected from the Governors Ball after allegedly trying to enter without a ticket. [People]
• Act of Valor won the weekend box office, opening at $24.7M, and may very well win the Oscar for Best Propaganda Film next year. Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds came in second with $16M, and Journey 2, Safe House, and The Vow finished out the top five. [BOM]
• Azealia Banks’ debut album will be called Broke with Expensive Taste, and it’ll be out in September. [Pitchfork]
• Stefano Pilati is officially out as Creative Director of YSL. [Fashionista]
• Check out this new Mad Men ad, which features Don Draper reflected in a window between two mannequins, one of which is a naked lady mannequin! Less than a month until season five! [Vulture/NYM]
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories