Weekend News Roundup! John Carter, On the Road and Bully
ABOVE: BYE-BYE BELLA SWAN, HELLO NAKED DRIVING IN ON THE ROAD.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Lady Gaga and Katy Perry may have the more Twitter followers (20.6 million and 15.9 million respectively), but Taylor Swift raked in the most money of any pop-star this year. Ms. Swift collected a not too shabby $35, 719,902 from record sales, royalties and touring. Gaga came in third place, followed by…Kenny Chesney. [Billboard]
• A pregnant Jessica Simpson posed naked for Elle, a move that shocked absolutely no one. Other celebrities who have posed pregnant and nude include Britney Spears, Claudia Schiffer, Christina Aguilera, Cindy Crawford and the woman who started it all in 1991, Demi Moore. [Fashionista]
• The trailer for On the Road was released this weekend; Kirsten Dunst looks upset, Viggo Mortensen looks menacing , and Kristin Stewart appears to be naked in a car beside two equally naked men. [Youtube]
• As expected, John Carter disappointed at the box office opening at $30,603,000; almost nine million dollars behind Dr Seuss’ The Lorax, which opened over a week ago. Silent House, which also opened this week, came in fourth with $7,010,00. Other top five films were Act of Valor and Project X. [BOM]
• Ellen DeGeneres and Demi Lovato joined the campaign to get Bully‘s R-rating revoked. [People]
• Fewer people watched Jonah Hill hosting SNL this weekend, than watched Lindsey Lohan last weekend. [MTV]