PHOTO: GUY LOWNDES.
Happy Monday. Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Pippa Middleton got married to hedge fund manager/generally wealthy man James Matthews. She wore custom Giles Deacon; he wore a morning suit. Princess Charlotte and Prince George were part of the bridal party. Middleton’s sister, the Duchess of Cambridge, was not. Prince Harry was there, and purportedly drove to London and back between the ceremony and the reception to collect his girlfriend Meghan Markle. [NYT, E!]
• Here are some pictures of the wedding guests and their hats. [The Cut]
• Twin Peaks returned! [Deadline]
• The Rock and Tom Hanks announced that they are running for President and Vice President. They were probably joking as it was while The Rock was hosting SNL, but who knows these days. [YouTube]
• Matthew Perry vetoed a Friends storyline in which Chandler visited a male strip club for the sandwiches. [WWHL]