What the Tibet House Benefit Has in Store
Published November 9, 2010
On December 6, Christie’s will host the 8th Annual Tibet House Benefit Auction—and, we must say, it will be an excellent place to acquire the kind of holiday gifts (or presents to yourself) that make the neighbors jealous. Among the items on offer: a cooking class for 10 by Eric Ripert, at Le Bernardin or in the winner’s home; journeys to Bali, Bhutan, or Acapulco Bay; art items by Bob Gruen and Ed Ruscha; and much more (see our slideshow, above, to get a taste).
Dr. Hugo Weihe, the Senior Vice President of Christie’s, will be the evening’s auctioneer, and the crowd is expected to run in the 500-to-600 range. The Honorary Chair Committee this year includes Christy Turlington Burns & Ed Burns, Donna Karan, Yoko Ono Lennon, Sandra & Eric Ripert, Martin Scorsese, Trudie Styler & Sting, Uma Thurman, and Arden Wohl.
Pre-bidding on select items will start November 19 on CharityBuzz—but we wouldn’t want to miss the main event, would you?
- The Perfect Halloween Costume for Your Sign, According to Benny Drama
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- The Provocative, Uninhibited, and Naked Bodies of Spyros Rennt
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse