HOMETOWN: Nicholasville, Kentucky
ARRIVED IN LA: October 2007
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE: I was a mechanical-bull operator at a bar and a janitor at a middle school.
FIRST ACTING GIG: A viral video for True Blood for the site BloodCopy.com. It was done Blair Witch Project–style.
BIGGEST ROLE TO DATE: I was in Savages . I played a Laguna waiter.
FAVORITE MOVIE: Dumb and Dumber 
ROLE MODELS: Woody Harrelson. But Johnny Depp is the reason I moved to Los Angeles—he’s from Kentucky, too.
MOST MEMORABLE AUDITION: It was for a video game commercial where they had me stand in a room and pretend that Hulk Hogan was flying through the walls. The casting director was screaming, “Bam!” and “Crash!” and “Boom!”
MOST DIFFICULT PART OF THE MOVIE BUSINESS: Waiting and waiting and waiting.
MOST HOLLYWOOD EXPERIENCE: I went to someone’s birthday party at Seth MacFarlane’s house. It was on my birthday as well. The whole backyard was a concert. The food there was insane. Everything about it was insane. Paris Hilton was even there.
PHOTO: JACKET: RAG & BONE. SHORTS: ADIDAS. BEANIE: ALL SAINTS. SOCKS: AMERICAN APPAREL. SHOES: NIKE.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun