In its 23rd year in New York, the Outsider Art Fair is larger than ever with over 50 galleries from dozens of international cities. Always promising a dizzying assortment of artworks, the fair delivers the most interesting and notable work from artists on the fringe or separate from the networks of arts schools, residencies, patronage, and sales-driven forces that make up the art world today. Freed from such constraints, works are without pretense or precedent–but they’re rarely without a great story.
Click through the slide show to see some of our favorite works on view at Center 548 through this Sunday, Feburary 1.
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories