Superstar Swedish DJ and producer Avicii has died at the age of 28, according to his publicist Diana Baron.
“It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii,” said Baron in a statement. “He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.”
You can read our 2011 interview with Avicii here. “I’m always trying to look for the energy,” he told us. “That’s the most important thing in making music for me.”
- Yung Lean and FKA Twigs Play a Game of Would You Rather
- Alison Brie and Dave Franco Can Still Surprise Each Other
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Cate Blanchett and Fayssal Bazzi on the Timely Resonance of “Stateless”
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again